ULTILEX Home Page
ULTILEX stands for "Ultimate Linux Experience". This is a live Linux CD compilation which in turn contains several live Linux distributions. You can boot ULTILEX from CD/DVD and USB flash devices.
When you boot ULTILEX, the first thing you'll see is a beautiful startup screen with menu from which you can choose the exact live Linux distribution to run. The current version of ULTILEX is 10.8 (August 2010) and it contains the following live Linux distributions:
- Slax version 6.1.2
- Puppy Linux version 5.0.1
- Tiny Core version 3.0
- System Rescue CD version 1.5.8
- Parted Magic version 5.2
- boot.kernel.org (BKO)
One interesting feature of ULTILEX is that you can install it with ease on USB flash device and save the changes you've made durign the live session on it. You can modify files and even install/remove modules and all your changes are saved on the USB flash.
To install on USB flash device, follow these steps (applied from Slax):
- Copy all files and folders from the CD to the root folder of your USB flash device.
- Execute "/boot/bootinst.sh" (for Linux), or "\boot\bootinst.bat" (for Windows).
- That's all. You are ready to boot ULTILEX from your USB flash device! :)
Here are a few screenshots from the boot screen of ULTILEX 10.8. Just click the image to load the next screenshot.